Clinical Quality Assurance Advisor
- Rewarding role with an international and well-recognised NGO
- Be part of a great team and help to eliminate avoidable blindness in the Pacific
Based at The Pacific Eye Institute in Suva, Fiji, The Fred Hollows Foundation NZ has an exciting opportunity for that special someone to come onboard as our Clinical Quality Assurance Advisor (CQAA). Concentrating on our three eyecare programmes in Fiji, Solomon Islands and Papua New Guinea, this role is pivotal in ensuring the quality control of our clinics is optimal. Responsible for our clinical governance across the regions you will work under the guidance of our Medical Director and alongside our in-country Clinical Quality Assurance Coordinators (CQACs) to ensure best practice across our eyecare programmes.
You will have the ability to influence and give command where necessary, but this won't come at the cost of your kind and caring nature. You will be highly regarded among your peers and have a natural eye for risk management and process improvement.
If you have a general nursing background, operating theatre or infection control and sterilisation experience then we would love to hear from you.
Key responsibilities include:
- Acting as a key member of the clinical governance committee
- Monitoring clinical governance activities and ensure clinical quality and safety compliance
- Ensuring continuous quality improvement and manage clinical audit processes
- Ensuring patient safety and monitor clinical risk management systems
- Providing support and training to clinical workforce to lead clinical quality in their clinics
Skills and experience required:
- Registered nurse or medical doctor
- Experience managing clinical facilities and teams
- Experience or qualifications in infection control, sterilisation services, operating theatre services, supply chain management, human relations and/or eyecare
- Fluency in a Pacific language
- Proven success in relevant clinical management role and track record in clinical governance
- Excellent communication skills
- Pacific region experience is desirable
The Fred Hollows Foundation NZ carries on the work of the late New Zealander Professor Fred Hollows (1929-1993). We work in the Pacific to restore sight to the needlessly blind and train local eye health specialists to provide eyecare services in their own communities. To find out more visit our website: www.hollows.org.nz
For a copy of the Position Description, or if you have any questions about this role, please do not hesitate to contact our friendly recruitment team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will close as soon as we find our person so if this sounds like you, please apply now and help us bring an end to avoidable blindness in the Pacific.